Meet Dr. Polster
- Bachelor of Arts (BA) in Zoology, Spanish minor from Miami University
- Summa Cum Laude, University and Zoology Departmental Honors
- Doctor of Medicine (MD) at Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine
- Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Medical Society, Area of Concentration in Health Promotion / Disease Prevention
- Internal Medicine and Pediatrics Internship at University Hospitals of Cleveland/Rainbow Babies and Children’s Hospital
- Dermatology Residency at University Hospitals of Cleveland/MetroHealth Medical Center
- Chief Resident, 2002-2003
- Board Certified, American Board of Dermatology 2003, Recertified 2012
About Dr. Polster
Dr. Polster was raised in South Euclid-Lyndhurst, Ohio where she graduated from Charles F. Brush High School as a member of the National Honor Society. She then attended Miami University in Oxford, Ohio where she completed her pre-medical studies as a Zoology major and Spanish minor. Dr. Polster was inducted into Phi Beta Kappa Arts and Science National Honorary and graduated Summa Cum Laude with University and Zoology Departmental Honors. She was extensively involved and recognized for her work in community service at Miami University.
Dr. Polster chose to remain in Cleveland for medical school, attending Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine. After conducting and publishing research as a medical student, she received the Stuart Blaine Fisher, M.D. Prize in Dermatology and was elected to the Alpha Omega Alpha Medical Honor Society. Dr. Polster then completed her internal medicine/pediatrics internship and dermatology residency at University Hospitals of Cleveland. Dr. Polster published the research she conducted as a dermatology resident on skin aging in twins in the Archives of Dermatology and co-authored a chapter on atopic dermatitis for a well-respected dermatology textbook.
Upon completing her residency, Dr. Polster took a position at Cleveland Clinic where she practiced successfully for nearly twelve years at the Chagrin Falls Family Health Center. She served as the Associate Medical Director for the Chagrin Falls Family Health Center from 2012 to 2014. Nominated by Regional Operations, Dr. Polster completed a one year “Leading in Healthcare” course at Cleveland Clinic from fall 2013 through spring 2014, culminating in a presentation of a business plan with her team. While at Cleveland Clinic, Dr. Polster was involved with Cleveland Clinic Speaker’s Bureau and many volunteer skin cancer screening efforts.
Dr. Polster is Board Certified by the American Board of Dermatology. She is a Fellow of the American Academy of Dermatology and a member of the American Medical Association, Ohio Dermatological Association and the Cleveland Dermatological Society, where she is now serving on the Board of Directors.
Dr. Polster’s focus continues to be on skin cancer prevention, early detection, and treatment as well as improving the aesthetics of patients’ skin. She looks forward to bringing her dermatology expertise to patients at Apex Dermatology and Skin Surgery Center in Hudson, Ohio.